A digital course for intermediate learners of English
English opens up a world of opportunities. With JOURNEY 2 ENGLISH you don’t just learn what to say, you learn why
All Available Online
Fully-online, available at home on your computer or on-the-go on your tablet or smartphone. Options to purchase tutor support are also available.
Help with Exam Preparation
If you’re preparing for an exam at B1/B2 level such as IELTS, TOEFL or Cambridge exams, or just improving your language skills, there are hours of compelling content to take your speaking, reading, writing and listening to a new level
Learn English and more…
Learn the language and find out more about life and culture in the UK
99% of our students are happy and would recommend us
“I was extremely impressed with your online ESOL course which I found informative, interactive and challenging (it certainly kept me on my toes.) It was interesting that you managed to combine all these elements to produce something very unique indeed.”
ELT Sales Consultant, Cambridge University Press
A Personal Pronunciation Coach on your Smartphone
Do you want to improve your spoken English? Protalk lets you see and hear where you’re going wrong – is it the sounds of English? Is it how you pronounce words or phrases? Protalk gives you feedback in real time and lets you see the difference between you and a native speaker.
- Listen to a native speaker
- Record yourself and playback your attempt
- Test yourself on the 44 sounds of English and find out which ones you need to practise
- Access the International Phonetic Alphabet
- Match your stress pattern to a native speaker
- Learn how your voice should rise and fall
Protalk goes much further than speech recognition – it’s your personal pronunciation coach on your smartphone.
EMONITOR is a collaboration between Klik2learn and the Digital Signal Processing Department at the University of Strathclyde. Its aim is to provide automated analysis of telephone conversations to provide insights into the emotional behaviour of the caller and agent. These indications will be provided in real time, so immediate action can be taken, and monitoring large volumes of calls can be automated. Emonitor will be of use to any organisation that engages with people via voice conversation. Voice analysis will reveal a range of emotions such as anxiety, anger, panic and interest. Initial applications are anticipated in call centres but applications for security services, finance and online learning will be developed.
The project is based on a sound scientific approach using proven technology. New development during the beta phase will generate unique features and intellectual property.
The initial release will be for use with English speaking customers but other major languages will follow. The first beta release available for testing will be made at the end of April 2017. Emonitor will deliver benefits to organisations in three main areas.
- Real-time input for call centre operatives to improve the engagement with callers, richer conversations and better outcomes
- Early identification of training requirements for operatives
- Automated Batch Analysis across organisations to reveal strengths, weaknesses and areas for improvement, at individual operative level, team or organisational level, supporting a data-driven approach to improvement
In partnership with Scottish Enterprise – The Asia Scotland Institute, Informatics Ventures and WeAreTheFuture are combining forces to take a group of Scotland’s most exciting technology companies to China to meet commercial contacts and investors. The objectives are to –
- Expand on established and create new commercial connections between China/Hong Kong and Scotland.
- Secure access to local Asian investors with an interest in investing in Scottish companies.
- Promote technology led opportunities in Scotland and provide a mechanism to bring parties together.
- Assist Scottish companies establish a foothold in the Chinese market